UTK seeks Artist/Teacher of Voice: Mezzo-Soprano Preferred, Fall 2022.
Assistant Professor; nine-month tenure-track appointment beginning Fall Semester, August 1, 2022. Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with rank and experience. The Knoxville campus of the University of Tennessee is seeking candidates who have the ability to contribute in meaningful ways to the diversity and intercultural goals of the University.
1) Teach applied voice at the undergraduate and graduate levels;
2) Maintain an active performing profile as well as a strong voice studio;
3) Teach undergraduate and graduate vocal literature courses on a rotating basis;
4) Teach other voice-related classes as determined by the needs of the program and the qualifications and interests of the successful candidate;
5) Engage in recruitment, creative/scholarly activity, and service contributions appropriate for a university faculty member.
1) Doctorate or equivalent professional profile required;
2) A consistent record of performance;
3) Evidence of ability to teach undergraduate and graduate vocal literature courses;
4) An ability to recruit exceptional vocal talent to the undergraduate and graduate degrees;
5) A commitment to studio teaching.
Applicants should submit via Interfolio (http://apply.interfolio.com/97120) a cover letter addressing the above qualifications, a current resume or CV, links to representative audio and video performances and at least three current (within last 12 months) letters of recommendation. Review of applications will begin December 6, 2021, and will continue until the position is filled.... Read More