andolph-Macon College invites applications for a full-time tenure-track position of Assistant Professor and Director of Choral Activities in the Department of Arts to begin September 1, 2022.
Randolph-Macon College faculty teach, advise, conduct research and engage in scholarship, and serve the college and department. Primary teaching responsibilities will include two choral ensembles (Concert Choir and Chamber Singers) and courses to support the Department’s music major/minor, its music education program, and its music theatre productions. Through this coursework, the faculty member will contribute to general education.
* DMA in Choral Conducting, DME in Choral Music Education, or PhD in related field; we will consider candidates who have achieved ABD status and who will complete their degree by August 1, 2022
* Prior experience leading choral ensembles
* Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching
* Evidence of a commitment to undergraduate teaching and student engagement
* Prior experience teaching choral musicians of varying levels of expertise
* Demonstrated commitment to a diverse choral classroom and to pedagogical methods that enable students across racial, ethnic, and socio-economic groups to reach their maximum potential
To apply, please send the following as a single pdf to Sabrina Granderson, Administrative Services Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Dec. 3 with Assistant Professor and Director of Choral Activities as the subject line.
The documents that must be uploaded include the following:
Letter of application that addresses the position qualifications
A brief (one page) statement of teaching philosophy
A brief (one page) statement of professional activity and goals (research and/or performance)
A list of choral repertoire conducted
A brief (one page) statement describing past, present, and future (planned) contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion
Transcripts (scanned copies acceptable); and
The names and contact information for three professional references (at least one must be able to address teaching experience and teaching effectiveness; please indicate the teaching reference in your letter of application). Please do not ask references to submit letters of recommendation; the committee will conduct reference checks by phone.
For full consideration, applications must be received by December 3. While applications may be accepted after this date, it is not guaranteed that they will be considered. At this time, please only submit the required documents listed above; finalists will be asked to submit video recordings of their conducting in performance and rehearsal.... Read More