Minnesota State Univ - Moorhead is seeking Assistant Professor- Director of Choral Activities/Vocal Music Education.
This is a full time, 9 month fixed term position. The position may be renewed based on the department’s needs.
• Direct Choral Activities
• Coordinate Vocal Music Education Program, including Advising Music Education Majors
• Teach Secondary Choral Methods (potentially Elementary Music Methods)
• Student Teaching Supervision
• Basic Diction for Singers
• Ongoing recruitment for the School of Performing Arts
• Other courses based upon the strengths of the candidate
• ?Doctorate in Choral Conducting or Music Education (ABD considered)
• Minimum 3 years at the K-12 level
• Evidence of potential for significant scholarly/creative work
• Demonstrated ability to work successfully with students of diverse backgrounds including sensitivity to their needs and concerns
To be considered by the search committee, applications must include: curriculum vitae or resume, cover letter addressing all required qualifications, unofficial transcripts from all degree granting institutions, names/summer contact information for three professional references, link to a Youtube video of a recent choral ensemble performance demonstrating contrasting styles (15-20 minutes, please indicate level of group and your role with the ensemble), and link to a Youtube video of a recent uncut lecture and/or rehearsal if possible (10 minutes)?. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the search committee.... Read More