The Department of Visual and Performing Arts seeks a full-time, tenure track candidate who will teach undergraduate courses in the area of voice (all voice types will be considered). The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching applied voice (all types), class voice, and other music courses (as needed by the department and contingent on the voice load) aligned with the candidate's level of expertise. The candidate will also be responsible for preparing all voice majors for a senior recital. A candidate with a cognate in Music History is a plus. Additionally, the candidate will be expected to advise, recruit high-caliber voice students, maintain an active-scholarly profile as a performer and/or researcher in areas related to the discipline of voice, and participate in committee assignments.
Minimum Requirements for Entry into Position:
* A Master's Degree in Voice and a minimum of two to three years of teaching experience at the collegiate level and/or at the P-12 level. The successful candidate possesses the following:
* Evidence of success as a teacher of applied voice. Classical music a must, additional non-classical music a plus Demonstrated aptitude for classroom teaching and personal concern for students and their achievement
* Experience teaching diverse students
* Evidence of commitment to ongoing and sustained scholarly engagement in voice, either as a performer or researcher in one or more voice-related sub-disciplines (e.g., vocal literature, vocal pedagogy, etc.) at the regional, state, national, and international levels
* A firm commitment to recruiting high-caliber students.
* Demonstrated organizational, collaborative, and creative skills to build a top-tier program in voice
* Excellent communication skills
For more info, go to jobs.scsu.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=54785