The UGA Hugh Hodgson School of Music Opera Department, in conjunction with the Department of Theatre and Film Studies, seeks an academic professional to produce and direct opera and musical theatre, starting August 1, 2021. This is a full-time (10 month), interdepartmental, non-tenure track, benefits-eligible faculty position, with the School of Music as the candidate’s home department.
• Produce and direct opera productions by organizing and overseeing all artistic and technical production needs.
• Work with administration for publicity, rehearsal scheduling, accounting and budgeting.
• Direct a musical for the Theatre Department on a rotational basis. Alternatively, working with the Musical Theatre Certificate Program as an instructor, coach, or director.
• Teach performance-related courses based on the candidate’s expertise.
Terminal degree in a disciplinary area appropriate for the position (as defined in the job posting).
• Applicants should include a curriculum vitae and cover letter describing their academic qualifications and professional experience, showing how they will add value to the program. Furthermore, they should show how their teaching, service, and work has supported the success of students from racial, ethnic, and gender backgrounds that are underrepresented in the Opera and/or Musical Theatre fields. Applicants who have not yet had those experiences should explain how their work will further the College’s commitment to diversity.
• Application materials should also include links to an online portfolio/website highlighting artistic work and the names and contact information for a minimum of three references.
Application documents must be uploaded to the UGAJobs link (https://www.ugajobsearch.com/postings/182446) with search committee reviews beginning March 1, 2021. To ensure full consideration, please apply by March 1. Additional materials will be requested at the semi-finalist stage, including an unofficial transcript of the highest degree earned. Questions about the application process can be directed at Edith Hollander (email@example.com or 706-542-3737); questions about the position can be directed at Prof. Frederick Burchinal (firstname.lastname@example.org).... Read More