Illinois State University seeks a communicative and collaborative individual to serve as Director of the School of Music. The successful candidate will report to the Dean of the Wonsook Kim College of Fine Arts. The Director of the School of Music is a 12-month tenure track appointment.
The Director of the School of Music is responsible for all matters relating to the development, implementation, and administration of policies and programs of the School of Music.
See website for a complete job description.
1. Doctoral degree in Music (Ph.D., Ed.D., D.M.A.) from an accredited institution.
2. An established record of creative and/or scholarly productivity and outstanding teaching.
3. Successful administrative or supervisory experience in a university-level music unit, with demonstrated knowledge of managing budgets, facilities, personnel, and curriculum.
4. Excellent advocacy and communication skills, openness to new ideas, and a demonstrated commitment to shared governance.
5. Demonstrated ability to build consitutency through excellent advocacy and communication skills, e.g., through fundraising, public relations, community outreach, and recruitment and retention.
6. Current Rank as Full Professor
7. Candidates must be able to demonstrate oral proficiency in the English language as a requirement for this position, as mandated by state law.
Please submit a:
letter of application
selected portfolio of artistic/scholarly research and creative activity;
administrative statement that articulates a vision about leading music programs in a liberal arts environment
names and contact information of three academic and professional references
Initial review of applications will begin December 3rd, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.... Read More