Brigham Young University is accepting applications for a School of Music Voice/Opera FT Professorial Faculty.
Required Degree: Master of Music degree in voice required; Doctorate preferred, or equivalent professional experience. Required degree must be completed by the start date of August 23, 2021.
1) Proven track record of studio teaching at the highest level
2) Proven track record of performance in and direction of operas at a high level
3) Evidence of administrative experience and excellent organization skills
4) Evidence of successful collaboration with colleagues
5) Tenor, baritone, or bass preferred, but not required
1) Teach studio voice to music majors, including recital preparation and graduate research paper supervision
2) Opera responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following: stage full opera productions, stage chamber opera productions, direct opera scenes, opera community outreach and other production duties as necessary
3) Teach from among the following, as needed: opera workshop, opera chorus, graduate opera role study and opera literature, diction in the singing languages
4) Mentor undergraduate and graduate voice students, including serving on recital and proficiency juries
5) Pursue scholarship and creative endeavors, which may include solo and collaborative music performance, publications, pedagogical research, lecture and guest teaching/directing, and scholarly research
6) Take an active part in recruitment, including entrance auditions and summer programs
7) Plan and organize enrichment activities in the Vocal Division (visiting artists, master classes, etc.)
8) Participate in area-wide events and serve on school, college, and university committees as assigned
Information required at the time of application – Please list the individual contact information for each of your three recommenders on the faculty application. At some point during the selection process, they may be contacted to submit their letters of reference electronically.
Document(s) required at the time of application / Instructions to applicants
1) Attach your updated Curriculum Vitae and cover letter to the faculty application.
2) Attach a Diversity Statement (one-page document explaining experiences and commitments to diversity in regards to scholarly, teaching, mentoring, and service engagement) to the faculty application.
3) Upload transcripts with the application or have the required official transcript for the highest degree received sent to the search committee chair (Robert Brandt, firstname.lastname@example.org).
4) Upload with the application three samples of scholarship and/or links to performances.
5) Upload with the application two video samples or links to samples of studio voice teaching (15-30 minutes each).
6) If you are currently teaching at a college/university, submit the last three years of institutional teaching/student ratings either by upload with the application or directly to the search committee chair (Robert Brandt, email@example.com).
7) All materials must be received by the application deadline: October 1, 2020.
For more info, go to http://yjobs.byu.edu/