Boston University's College of Fine Arts invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor of Music Theatre, non-tenure-track, with an anticipated start date of July 1, 2022.
The successful candidate will teach in the School's BFA Performance Department undergraduate and graduate programs and advise students on projects and productions specifically focused in the area of Music Theatre. Applicants should possess a strong background in music theatre and music directing & accompaniment, a knowledge of the music theatre canon as well as a passion for developing new work, and remaining current in the field with regard to evolving styles, techniques, and repertoire. The candidate should also possess a willingness to work with a collaborative spirit within a team of faculty with varied approaches, and a proven ability to teach beginning and advanced Music Theatre courses.
* Terminal degree or an equivalent record of professional accomplishments in the field
* A record of professional accomplishments that merit a professorial rank appointment at the Boston University
* Evidence of supporting, teaching, and/or mentoring emerging artists in the classroom and the field
* Evidence of successfully promoting an environment that advances diversity, equity, and inclusion
* Proficiency in piano and orchestral conducting/accompaniment/coaching
* A commitment to shared governance
* A dedication to collaboration
Review of applications will begin December 1, 2021. The position will remain open until filled.
Please submit directly to SOT Business Manager Beth Barefoot at email@example.com (Subject: Assistant Professor, Music Theatre):
* A one to two-page letter of application that speaks to the required and preferred qualifications of the position
* Curriculum Vitae
* A link to personal website with work samples that speak to professional success (i.e., artistic, teaching/mentoring, and diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives). Feel free to provide a two to three sentence description to provide context.
* Names and contact information for three references.
* Additional materials may be requested at a later date.... Read More