Joliet Junior College is looking for Adjunct Faculty, Music: Voice.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Teach applied voice to music majors and non-majors.
2. Demonstrate a commitment to the use of current and emerging technologies.
3. Participate in annual student and chair/coordinator evaluations.
4. Comply with departmental curriculum, grading standards, attendance policies, textbook choices, and assessments, and other established processes.
5. Attend classes regularly; return college reports, credentials, and other requested documentation in a timely manner; effectively communicate with appropriate staff.
6. Comply with all legal and ethical obligations, including FERPA, ADA, and other regulatory legislations. Communicate discrepancies to appropriate officials.
7. Commit to furthering the mission, goals, and core values of the college at all times.
8. Meet other contractual obligations as spelled out in the Joliet Junior College adjunct faculty contract.
9. Perform related duties as assigned.
1. Minimum of Master of Music degree in Vocal Performance or Vocal Pedagogy. Coursework at the graduate level should demonstrate a significant concentration in music theory or music history.
2. Two (2) years teaching experience in the disciplines including applied lessons.
3. Expertise in appropriate technologies for instruction.
4. Demonstrated commitment to teaching and learning.
For more info, or to apply, go to https://employment.jjc.edu/postings/5324