The Calmus Ensemble, based in Leipzig, is one of the most successful classical a cappella ensembles in Germany and celebrated its 20th stage anniversary in 2019.
In addition to the Leipzig musical tradition as its core repertoire, Calmus is distinguished above all by its broad musical stylistic diversity, from Renaissance music to pop arrangements.
For its line-up of S/A/T/Bar/B, Calmus is looking for a countertenor or contralto as soon as possible.
Being a part of Calmus means
- singing about 60 concerts per year (mainly in Germany, Europe and the USA)
- teaching internationally (workshops, master classes, etc.)
- to produce CDs/recordings on a regular basis
- to become a partner of a GbR. to contribute responsibly to Calmus also with non-musical skills and thus to help creatively shape the future of the ensemble.
- to have the possibility to realize other projects besides Calmus as your main activity.
This is what you should bring with you
- a flexible and resilient voice
- a high level of musicality and experience in ensemble singing
- openness to a variety of styles from Renaissance music to pop arrangements
- ability to work in a team, willingness to create in the musical and extra-musical area - accent-free German, good English skills
The call for applications is aimed specifically at countertenors and contraltoes.
The auditions and selection interviews in two rounds are expected to take place in February/March 2021 in Leipzig.
Please send application with CV, photo, and two sound samples to: email@example.com... Read More