The courage to experiment artistically and innovative formats alongside the classical operation of a municipal theater in the best sense of the word characterise the stages and orchestras of the city of Bielefeld. The sections singing, dance, play, concert and the pedagogical-participative area jungplusX present themselves on eight stages in three buildings: City Theater, Theater am Alten Markt and the Rudolf-Oetker-Halle Concert Hall offer space for about 3,200 guests at the same time. This makes Bielefeld's central cultural institution one of the largest in North Rhine-Westphalia.
The new BIELEFELDER STUDIO was founded for the 2019/20 season: With the aim of overcoming the limits of conventional professionalization and at the same time questioning traditional job descriptions, three artists each receive the opportunity to work in a unique interdisciplinary year in addition to their specialist training.
For the second year of the BIELEFELDER STUDIO (season 2021/2022 from 16.08.2021, possibly preliminary rehearsals in June 2021) we are looking for three artists (beginners)
• an opera singer,
• a contemporary dancer
• and an actor
• State-recognized degree in one of these three fields: music theater, dance or acting
• High interest in the other two artistic disciplines
• Willingness to receive further training in several fields and across all fields and to participate in productions and projects
• Previous knowledge and initial experience in at least one of the other two artistic fields
• At the time of application, the above-mentioned degree should not have been obtained more than three years previously
• We see ourselves as international theater and communicate mainly in German. Good language skills in German are required
• Possibility to extend the subject-specific and branch-specific training with further knowledge and skills across all branches (one-year further training)
• Integration into the rehearsal and performance operations of several divisions and cross-divisional projects
• Integration into the overall theater operations, close cooperation with ensembles and teams
• Workshops and coaching in the areas of singing, dance and play as well as other practical aspects of the profession
• Space for personal and artistic development
• Mentoring Program
• One-year contract (limited in time) according to the regulations of NV Bühne (SR Solo)
The casting / getting to know each other (with auditions / auditions) for selected candidates* will take place on Monday, March 8, 2021 and Tuesday, March 9, 2021 in Bielefeld. Participation only for candidates invited in writing.
The BIELEFELDER STUDIO is supported within the framework of NEUE WEGE by the NRW KULTURsekretariat Wuppertal and the Ministry for Culture and Science of the State of NRW.
The city of Bielefeld actively promotes equal opportunities and diversity. We therefore welcome applications from people regardless of cultural and social background, age, religion, ideology, disability or sexual orientation and gender identity.
The city of Bielefeld promotes women in their careers and, in accordance with the objectives of the Equal Opportunities Plan, gives preference to women who have the same aptitude, qualifications and professional performance. Applications from people with disabilities are welcome.
Please send us your detailed application (showing your motivation to work across divisions) by January 17, 2021.
Please note: If you send your documents by e-mail, please send them as PDF, max. 10 MB. For technical reasons, please send videos (max. 3 min. length) only via VIMEO or YouTube link.
Bühnen und Orchester
der Stadt Bielefeld
Nora von Linden
Travel and accommodation costs in connection with the application cannot be covered. Application documents will only be returned if an appropriately stamped and addressed envelope is sent in.
Contact Email: email@example.com
Website: https://theater-bielefeld.de/... Read More