The College of St. Scholastica invites applications for a tenure track faculty member to serve as the Director of Choral Activities at the rank of Assistant Professor beginning August 2021. The individual hired will be expected to teach 24-contact hours/academic year, foster a culture of inclusion in the classroom, participate in faculty committee work, and contribute to the department. The department values diversity among its faculty and strongly encourages applications from women and underrepresented groups. This position is a 9-month, full-time, tenure track appointment.
- Responsible for the artistic and administrative leadership of the College’s choral program.
- Conduct various choirs. Other teaching duties may be assigned based on the candidate’s expertise.
- Supervise the music education curriculum, teach various courses in music education, and advise student teachers in conjunction with the School of Education.
- Lead recruitment activities by fostering relationships with secondary, post-collegiate, and community choral educators to advance choral instruction in the region.
- Engagement in the School of Arts and Letters and a demonstrated commitment to teaching, service, scholarship, and inclusive excellence is required.
- Doctorate in Music (ABD considered) from an accredited institution.
- A record of successful teaching at the K-12 level.
The Music Department at The College of St. Scholastica values diversity among its faculty and strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. Applicants should include the following documents:
1. Cover Letter explaining your interest in the position and how your experience meets the position’s key responsibilities and required qualifications.
3. The names and contact information (including email and phone number) for three (3) references who may be contacted as the hiring process proceeds.
Applicants chosen for the next round will be asked to provide videos or rehearsal(s) and a Statement of Teaching Philosophy that addresses your commitment to undergraduate teaching and strategies you plan to employ in your teaching to create an inclusive learning environment.... Read More