The Music Department of Columbia College Chicago seeks applicants for a full-time Practitioner-In-Residence position in Vocal Studies beginning August 16, 2020.
The Practitioner-in-Residence (PiR) in Vocal Studies manages, supports, directs, and integrates all aspects of Vocal Studies currently offered across the three undergraduate programs in the Music Department, in addition to the rapidly growing Musical Theater program offered by the Theater Department. In addition, the PiR serves as a consultant for all vocal studies concerns to committees and task forces. The PiR teaches three full undergraduate courses per semester. If applicable, the PIR also supervises student workers assisting with choral classes, provides tutoring sessions, and assists in special projects. The PiR is a one-semester appointment with the possibility of renewal for a second semester. This position is key to the success and growing demands of vocal music instruction in the department.
In addition to expertise in their field, successful candidates must exhibit excellent teaching and scholarly credentials and be passionate about undergraduate and graduate education.
* An MA/MFA or DMA in contemporary vocal studies;
* Working knowledge of current hardware and software used for digital music production as it relates to contemporary vocal studies;
* Knowledge of music theory, composition/song writing, and performance practice as they relate to contemporary vocal studies;
* An active record of creative practice at top national level demonstrating a broad expertise in contemporary styles, including Pop, Latin and Jazz;
* Documented experience as an ensemble director;
* Documented experience with Learning Management Systems and remote instruction;
* At least 2 years of college/university teaching experience at the undergraduate level, or equivalent.
* To apply for this position, submit the following materials online:
* A letter outlining the applicant’s background, qualifications, and vision for the position.
* A curriculum vitae.
* Contact information for three references. References will not be contacted without prior consultation with the applicant.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
For more info, go to https://about.colum.edu/human-resources/employment
© Copyright CS Music 2019. All rights reserved. Terms & Conditions