Austin Community College (ACC) is accepting applications for Faculty, Music (Voice).
Responsible to prepare and deliver Music (Voice) coursework in engaging, innovative, and discipline-appropriate ways that reflect a commitment to success equity, respect for diversity, an understanding of culturally responsive teaching, and knowledge of the teaching field. Meets professional standards for faculty in accordance with college policies and procedures.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties
* Prepare and teach courses in the field of Music (Voice) to a diverse and multicultural student population based on the department's approved course learning outcomes, utilizing a variety of instructional strategies appropriate to the needs of community college students and the standards of the discipline.
* Participate actively in departmental responsibilities and departmental governance, including curriculum review and revision, program review, assessment of student learning outcomes at the course and program level, and other departmental activities.
* Evaluate student progress and provide clear, timely feedback reflecting program learning outcomes and departmental expectations.
* Serve as a mentor to students in the Music (Voice) program.
* Provide teaching and mentoring services to students in a manner which does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, political affiliation, or other protected categories.
* Remain current in the field through a variety of professional development activities.
* Support division and department goals through active and collegial engagement in decision-making and unit-level planning.
* Serve on collegewide and departmental committees, councils, work groups, and task forces.
* Perform other related tasks as assigned by the department chair, dean, and/or associate vice president, vice president, executive vice president.
In accordance with Southern Association of College and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) requirements:
Master's degree in Music or Music Education;
OR Master's degree with 18 graduate hours in Music.
For more info, go to https://eapps.austincc.edu/ehire/posting/online_version.php?job_num=2009042