Finger Lakes Opera is pleased to announce auditions for the Tomita Young Artist program as part of Finger Lakes Opera’s 2021 festival season.
Launched in 2017 by Finger Lakes Opera Artistic Director Gerard Floriano and named in honor of a pacesetting endowment gift, this highly selective and intensive 5 week comprehensive training program provides participants with:
* an individualized and participant-centered approach to developing talented singers and collaborative pianists in career preparation
* extensive learning opportunities balancing practical instruction, performance training, as well as one-on-one instruction and coaching
* multiple performing opportunities including a fully staged opera scenes program, solo and ensemble concert performance opportunities with the Finger Lakes Opera Orchestra, a fully staged children’s opera, as well as ensemble and comprimario roles in main stage productions as appropriate
* regular vocal coachings and masterclasses, as well as training in choreography and stage movement
* opportunity for collaborative pianists to work alongside FLO artistic staff in all productions
The Tomita Young Artist program offers up to 12 positions each year. Young artists will be in residence during the summer season (July 8 - August 8); plus the possibility of an additional commitment for one week TBD in August or October 2021.
Applications are being processed on YapTracker.com. Appl deadline: Jan 4, 2021.
For more info, go to https://fingerlakesopera.org/about/young-artist-program