Roosevelt University seeking Associate Dean and Director, Music Conservatory.
The Associate Dean/Director (AD/DIR) is the artistic, academic, and administrative leader of the Music Conservatory in the Chicago College of Performing Arts (CCPA). The AD/DIR oversees an accomplished faculty and professional staff, working collaboratively to maintain and advance excellence across degree programs in performance, composition, and music education. The AD/DIR also assures standards compliance and mandated reporting required by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM) for accreditation.
The AD/DIR works in consultation and collaboration with the CCPA Leadership Team to develop and implement initiatives that create diversity, equity, and inclusion across the college, thereby advancing the mission and values of the university. The AD/DIR also works with the leadership team to evolve interdisciplinary curricula that effectively prepare students for 21st-century careers in music and the music industry.
The AD/DIR represents the Music Conservatory and college in matters of assessment, development, operations, and shared governance through engaged participation in university committees and working groups. The AD/DIR cultivates positive relationships with administrative and faculty counterparts in the other colleges, and liaises with CCPA’s external educational and community outreach partners.
Currently, the AD/DIR is required to teach two 3-semester-hour courses (or an equivalent) per academic year.
This is a full-time, exempt, administrative position that reports to the Dean of the Chicago College of Performing Arts.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Strategic vision, a sense of priorities, and the ability to provide the focus
and perspective needed to move the Music Conservatory forward.
• An unwavering commitment to creating a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout the Music Conservatory and embracing Roosevelt’s core values, mission, and vision in every aspect of the AD/DIR role.
• Terminal degree in a relevant discipline or commensurate professional experience.
• A strong record of teaching, scholarship, and university or professional experience commensurate with an appointment as a tenured associate professor at Roosevelt University.
• At least five years of leadership experience with a strong record of recruiting and promoting talented individuals; fostering teamwork; and enabling others to achieve their fullest potentials.
• Superlative interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written); strong ability to collaborate, mediate and negotiate; exemplary professionalism.
Masters Degree... Read More