The George Mason University, Dewberry School of Music seeks a dynamic Assistant or Associate Professor to serve in the area of Choral Music Education, starting August 2021.
This is a full-time tenure-track 9-month position. Salary is commensurate with experience. Full benefits package provided. Appointment begins August 16, 2021.
* Teach music education courses at the undergraduate level;
* Teach online music education courses at the graduate level;
* Recruit undergraduate and graduate music education students;
* Supervise student teachers;
* Supervise graduate research;
* Maintain an active research agenda;
* Mentor future music educators and engage fully in the academic and artistic life of the Dewberry School, the College of Visual and Performing Arts (CVPA), the University, and the community.
* Doctorate in Music Education or Conducting;
* A minimum of three years full-time teaching experience at the K-12 level.
For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and submit the following materials: (1) a cover letter, (2) curriculum vitae, (3) unofficial transcripts, (4) names, email addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references, (5) link to a teaching video 20-30 minutes in length (as Other doc.), (6) a personal statement that demonstrates the candidate’s goals, experiences, and commitment to promoting diversity and inclusion in artistic programming and teaching (as Other doc.).... Read More