Joliet Junior College is seeking an adjunct instructor, Music: Choir.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Teach/Direct JJC Chorale and JJC Chamber Singers
2. Demonstrate a commitment to the use of current and emerging technologies.
3. Participate in annual student and chair/coordinator evaluations.
4. Comply with departmental curriculum, grading standards, attendance policies, textbook choices, and assessments, and other established processes.
5. Attend classes regularly; return college reports, credentials, and other requested documentation in a timely manner; effectively communicate with appropriate staff.
6. Comply with all legal and ethical obligations, including FERPA, ADA, and other regulatory legislations. Communicate discrepancies to appropriate officials.
7. Commit to furthering the mission, goals, and core values of the college at all times.
8. Meet other contractual obligations as spelled out in the Joliet Junior College adjunct faculty contract.
9. Perform related duties as assigned.
1. Minimum of Master of Music degree in Choral Conducting. Coursework at the graduate level should demonstrate a significant concentration in music theory or music history.
2. Two (2) years teaching experience in the disciplines including directing choirs.
3. Proficiency at the piano.
4. Expertise in appropriate technologies for instruction.
5. Demonstrated commitment to teaching and learning.... Read More