The Dallas Symphony Chorus is an all-volunteer, auditioned chorus with a 40+ year history of choral singing at a professional level. We are a diverse group with members of different backgrounds and occupations who come from all over the Metroplex and beyond.
• One (1) prepared classical art song, hymn or aria in any language - need not be memorized. Pianist will be provided.
• Demonstrated musicianship skills will include sight-reading, vocalization, and tonal memory.
• Be sure to bring two (2) copies of the music; one for you and one for the collaborative pianist.
• New members must purchase the required dress or tuxedo and related accessories for all concerts.
• Rehearsals generally occur on Monday evenings during the season and run from 7:30 p.m. to 9:45 p.m. in the Choral Rehearsal Room in the Meyerson Symphony Center, 2301 Flora St in downtown Dallas, unless announced otherwise by the Chorus Director.... Read More