The Department of Music at the University of New Hampshire is seeking applicants for a benefits-eligible, full-time tenure track Assistant Professor of Music and Director of Choral Activities.
The University of New Hampshire actively creates and nurtures a dynamic learning environment in which qualified individuals of differing perspectives, identities, life experiences and cultural backgrounds pursue goals with mutual respect and a shared spirit of inquiry.
· Conduct and direct all choirs.
· Teach courses at all levels of the curriculum, including core and upper level courses. Teach choral methods and other courses dependent upon the qualifications of the candidate and departmental needs.
· Actively recruit students for the music department. Maintain and build relationships with public school and private voice teachers in the region. Actively participate in NHMEA, ACDA and other choral/vocal professional organizations.
· Serve as an innovative scholar, artist, and leader in choral music, committed to increasing equity in, and access to, choral music for all learners.
· Consistently program works by underrepresented composers and living composers, supporting DEI goals of the Music Department.
· Display a commitment to the principles of community, creativity, and collaboration.
· Perform service to the department and university by serving on committees and other activities.
Applicants should be prepared to provide the following at the time of application:
1. cover letter
2. curriculum vitae
3. unofficial transcripts
4. 1-2 page diversity statement
5. video documentation of both rehearsal and performance via a document that provides links to online platforms such as YouTube, Vimeo, or personal website
6. contact information for 3-5 references to provide confidential letters of recommendation
Applications must be received no later than January 31, 2022... Read More