Boston Conservatory at Berklee invites applications for the position of full-time faculty of Musical Theater Voice with a preference for a strong teacher of vocal pedagogy. The ideal candidate for this position will be a motivated, creative professional who is committed to excellence in the education of singers, has a demonstrated record of performance, recruitment, and teaching musical theater singers both in the studio as well as in the Vocal Pedagogy classroom, and values, and will actively contribute to, a campus community that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding. This is a 9-month full-time faculty position with renewable contract; initial appointment to begin September 1, 2021. Compensation and rank are commensurate with professional experience.
* Master's Degree or professional experience as teacher and/or performer equivalent to the terminal degree
* Demonstrated experience and success teaching musical theater voice in an accredited higher education institution or in a professional setting
* Evidence of classroom teaching in vocal pedagogy
* Evidence of presentations related to vocal pedagogy at a national level (such as NATS, PAVA, MTEA, etc.) and/or publication in professional journals
* A demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion in approach to teaching/learning and in professional activities
* Demonstrated success teaching students of diverse backgrounds at the undergraduate and graduate levels
* Experience in, and enthusiasm for, working with a diverse faculty and student body
Please submit the following materials in PDF or Word format, at https://www.berklee.edu/jobs. Address your materials to: Music Division Search Committee, Attn: Michael Shinn, Dean of Music, Boston Conservatory at Berklee.
One-page educational philosophy
Personal diversity statement
Phone and email contact information for three (3) references
2-3 video links showing the candidate in a teaching situation and/or in performance
APPLICATION REVIEW and DEADLINE
1) For full consideration, applications and supporting materials must be received by April 25, 2021.
2) Incomplete applications will not be considered.
3) The position will remain open until filled.... Read More