Listing updated to reflect new audition information
Due to the ever-evolving travel and gathering restrictions in the US caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, The Patrick G. and Shirley W. Ryan Opera Center will be postponing its 2021/22 Ensemble application and audition cycle until further notice.
The preliminary auditions on July 9-11, 2020 have been postponed indefinitely, and we have tentatively set a new deadline of August 15 for all applications. Given the many unknown factors facing our application and audition process, we encourage singers to wait to apply until we know more about a possible timeline for this year. If you have previously submitted an application, no further action is required for the time being.
As soon as an updated audition timeline and application procedures for the 2021/22 Ensemble are confirmed, we will share that information on our YAPTracker Opportunity Listing.
Until then, we thank you for your patience and understanding during this challenging time, and send our best wishes for your health and safety,
The Ryan Opera Center Team
The Patrick G. and Shirley W. Ryan Opera Center is calling for applications from singers who are interested in joining the 2021|22 Ensemble. Established in 1974 as the professional artist-development program for Lyric Opera of Chicago, the Ryan Opera Center has been recognized as one of the premier programs of its kind in the world. That standing is maintained by providing the finest up-and-coming singers and pianists with unparalleled training and experience, including:
* Participation in Lyric Opera of Chicago's mainstage season and leading roles in Ryan Opera Center performances
* Recital series broadcast on 98.7WFMT
* Master classes and private coachings with Ryan Opera Center Advisor Renée Fleming, Lyric Opera of * Chicago Music Director Sir Andrew Davis, Music Director-Designate Enrique Mazzola, and other celebrated artists
* Voice lessons, acting, movement, and audition classes with distinguished instructors
* Intensive language instruction
* Repertoire coaching from acclaimed resident staff
* Performance opportunities throughout the Chicago area
* Audition opportunities for internationally distinguished casting directors, conductors, and artist managers
Stipend plus benefits
The Patrick G. and Shirley W. Ryan Opera Center is an equal opportunity employer/program.
Applications are being processed through YapTracker.com. Appl deadline is based on audition location/date.
For more info, go to www.lyricopera.org/ryan-opera-center/