FSU is accepting applications for an Assistant Professor, 9 Month Salaried (Music Theatre).
* Teach applied voice to undergraduate music theatre students, including students from both the College of Music and College of Fine Arts.
* Teach Music Theatre Repertoire courses and related offerings; coordinate the music theatre workshop.
* Direct the Music Theatre program in collaboration with the School of Theatre.
* Work collaboratively with interdepartmental initiatives in voice and theatre.
* Maintain a high level of professional visibility and leadership in the field.
* Recruit, advise and retain highly qualified students into the music theatre program and promote the Bachelor of Music degree and the Music Theatre program.
Completed terminal degree in vocal performance, vocal pedagogy, or music-related field at time of appointment (master’s degree required, doctorate preferred). Evidence of significant teaching and performance experience in the music theatre genre; demonstrated ability and interest in working in a collegial and mutually supportive environment.
Review of applications will begin November 6, 2020 and continue until the position is filled.
For more info, or to apply, go to https://hr.fsu.edu/working-fsu/prospective-employees/careers-florida-state