AMDA College and Conservatory of the Performing Arts is one of the foremost performing arts colleges in the country with campuses in Los Angeles and New York City. The school offers Bachelor of Fine Arts degree programs in Acting, Musical Theatre, Dance Theatre and Performing Arts as well as two year conservatory programs.
AMDA is seeking instructors with teaching experience in musicianship, sight singing and theory.
* Masters degree or higher in Music Education, Theory, Composition or Performance -instrumental and/or vocal.
* Knowledge of musicianship pedagogy to include solfege, numeric sight-singing, eurhythmics, the Dalcroze Method, improvisation, and music theory.
* Knowledge of the music theater repertoire to include the “American Songbook” of standards.
* Transcripts for degrees will be required upon hire.
* College-level teaching plus a willingness to learn curriculum-specific material to include “Fixed –Do” Solfege, Numeric sight-singing. and foundational music theory, is required.
* Ability to teach medium to large groups from the Piano.
* Ability to sight - sing using Solfege and Numeric systems
* Successful applicants will have demonstrated an ability to work effectively with diverse populations and varying proficiency levels in the sight singing of music.
* Applicants will be able to communicate with students in an encouraging and effective manner.
AMDA is proud to be an EOE employer M/F/D/V.
For more info, go to https://www.amda.edu/jobs?p=job%2Fo3tFdfw8