Austin Peay State University invites applications for an applied voice teacher and director of the APSU Opera Workshop at the rank of Assistant Professor. This is a permanent full-time, 9-month tenure-track faculty position commencing in August 2021.
The successful candidate will teach applied voice, direct the opera workshop, and teach other courses depending on strengths of the candidate and departmental need. Traditionally the Department performs smaller scale Opera Scenes in the fall semester, and a full-scale production in the spring. This model is subject to change pending the vision and direction of the successful candidate. The successful candidate will be expected to engage in research and appropriate professional activities, contribute to the growth and development of the department through recruiting activities, serve on departmental and university committees, and participate in a variety of departmental activities.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Master’s degree in vocal performance or related field coupled with extensive performing and teaching experience (doctorate preferred)
- Documented professional achievements in vocal performance.
- Documented professional experience in opera direction
- A commitment to developing strong relationships with area school and studio teachers in order to enhance the profile of the APSU Opera and vocal program.
- Functional keyboard skills (to facilitate successful studio lessons)
- Commitment to diversity.
- A background search will be required of the successful applicant.
For more info, or to apply, go to https://apsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/12282