Emory & Henry College welcomes applicants for the position of Visiting Assistant Professor of Music – Voice and Theory. This position will assist in the recruitment and instruction of vocal performance and vocal/choral music education students and non-major vocal students with teaching assignments in private voice instruction, lyric diction, Opera Workshop, vocal pedagogy, and upper level music theory classes.
* Teach applied lessons in voice, coordinating with the Director of Choral/Vocal Activities on studio classes and other performance opportunities.
* Teach upper level theory courses and/or music history courses as needed
* Direct an annual Opera Workshop performance and teach vocal pedagogy and lyric diction.
* Play a significant role in student recruitment in the vocal/choral area.
* Teach within the College’s core curriculum.
* Master’s Degree required, Doctorate preferred.
* Vocal teaching at a collegiate level required.
* Experience teaching music theory and music history preferred.
* Experience with music technology is considered a plus.
* The ability to effectively communicate with students, peers, alumni, and prospective students is an important aspect of this position.
* Cover letter
* Curriculum Vita/Resume
* Transcripts: Undergraduate & Graduate
* Teaching Evaluations if available
* Teaching Philosophy
* Three letters of recommendation
* If selected for an interview, please be prepared to share a recent video of vocal performance.... Read More