Whitworth’s Department of Music invites applicants for the position of Assistant Professor of Music (Music Education/Choral). Track II positions are continuing positions, based on performance and the needs of the university, that are eligible for promotion and undergo regular evaluation, but are not tenure-track.
PRIMARY TEACHING OPPORTUNITIES:
Conduct one or more choral ensembles depending on interest and department needs; coordinate music education program and oversee advising and recruitment; teach in an additional area depending on expertise and departmental needs; establish and maintain positive relationships with regional music educators.
REQUIRED JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Evidence of promise in effectiveness at college-level teaching (demonstrated effectiveness preferred)
• Recent K-12 teaching experience desirable
• A personal commitment to the Christian faith and to the integration of faith and learning
• Strong potential for an on-going stream of scholarship in the candidate’s area of specialization (this includes traditional published scholarship, but can also include music composition and
• Demonstrated growth in cultural competence, awareness of societal and structural inequities and proven experience in effectively establishing relationships and positive communications with students and other constituents across multiple dimensions of diversity including, but not limited to, race, gender, varying abilities, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity, class or religious perspectives
• A commitment to the educational mission of Whitworth University as a comprehensive Christian liberal arts university affiliated with the Presbyterian church
Doctorate or ABD in field
See website for application requirements.
Application materials will be received until the position is filled. Initial screening of applicants will begin March 1.... Read More