The Baylor University School of Music is looking for a Full-time, Tenure-Track, Assistant Professor in Vocal Studies to begin August 2022.
Responsibilities for this position will include:
* Coach vocal students on operatic, recital, and audition repertoire.
* Teach diction or other related voice courses.
* Assist the Musical Director for Baylor Opera Theater, preparing productions as needed.
* Serve as Musical Director of the Baylor Opera Theater outreach production, attending and supervising all opera outreach performances.
* Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications should include:
* Extensive knowledge of and ability to teach English, French, Italian, and German diction in a classroom setting.
* Excellent keyboard skills required.
* Must work well in a collaborative environment.
* Master’s degree required; doctorate or equivalent professional experience preferred.
* Coaching experience in a professional opera company (as a staff member or an apprentice artist) or a university opera program is preferred.
* Ability and/or experience in coaching recital repertoire required.
Screening of applicants will begin on January 15, 2022, and will continue until the position is filled. Applicants should submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, three current letters of recommendation, a list of additional references, complete academic transcripts, and an audio or video recording of recent performances of a song or operatic repertoire electronically via Interfolio.... Read More