Eastern Illinois University is accepting applications for Director of Choral Activites.
The Music Department within the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at Eastern Illinois University seeks a qualified individual for a full-time, tenure track position. The successful candidate will be expected to teach choir, choral conducting, graduate conducting and recruiting for an established, comprehensive undergraduate and graduate music program. Other duties may include teaching choral arranging and other courses, as needed.
* Master’s Degree in Music required (Doctorate in Music preferred)
* Thirty additional hours of graduate study in the field is required for tenure
* Must be an accomplished teacher and performer with demonstrable success working with undergraduate students
* Demonstrable success with graduate students desired
* An engaging teaching manner and outstanding interpersonal skills for student recruitment are essential
* Demonstrated commitment to diversity and experience with promoting inclusive excellence is required
A complete application will include a letter of application, curriculum vitae, contact information for five professional references, and undergraduate and graduate transcripts (unofficial copies are acceptable initially). An electronic submission of a recent performance and teaching demonstration may be requested at a later date. Send application materials to Interfolio at http://apply.interfolio.com/79362.
For more info, go to https://www.eiu.edu/civil/employment.php