Record Your Audition
- TECHNICAL TIPS:
- PLEASE do not use external microphones.
- Try to get as close-up as possible on video recordings.
- Try to frame the shot from the waist up, with not too much empty space above the head in frame.
- Also try to raise the video source closer to eye level so that the judges can see you more face to face, rather than looking up at you.
- Film in landscape/horizontal frame.
- Record ONE selection in its entirety.
- At the beginning of your recording, slate by stating:
- Your first and last name
- The event you are auditioning for
- The current date
- The name of piece you will be performing and the composer’s name
- For Vocal Performance:
Upload to YouTube
- CS Music does not host videos, so you will need to upload your recording to YouTube.
- Post the video as either Public or Unlisted.
- Judges will not be able to view the video if it is Private.
- By posting the video as Unlisted, only people you share the link with will be able to view your video.
Link YouTube to CS Music and Submit
- Find your application on your CS Music applications page and click the Edit Application link.
- Within your application, paste the URL of your YouTube selection.
- After you have finalized your selection, click “Submit this Application to be Reviewed” on your application.
- You cannot edit your application after you submit it.
- It will be sent out for review and you will be notified via email when the judges have finished their evaluations.
Update Your Profile
- Be sure to update your free CS Music Profile with your video at www.csmusic.net/account/profile.
- Your Profile can be published and included in the online list at www.csmusic.net/artists.
If you have any questions at all, email firstname.lastname@example.org.