The Music Area of the Department of Visual and Performing Arts at Angelo State University seeks to fill the position of Assistant Professor of Music in Voice beginning the 2021-22 academic year. This is a full-time, tenure-track appointment. This position calls for an individual with a commitment to undergraduate music education who will teach applied voice, and other courses in the music curriculum.
Typical Duties/Job Duties
• Teach applied lessons in voice, and a weekly studio class; Introduction to vocal pedagogy/pedagogy specifically for future music educators; Diction 1 and 2; and/or other courses based upon experience and the needs of the music area.
• Recruit, retain, and advise voice music majors in the Bachelor of Music/Bachelor of Arts curriculum. Participation in recruiting events for the university and music is expected.
• Establish and maintain a successful record of scholarly and creative endeavors, service, and teaching. Additional responsibilities as assigned by department chair.
Qualified candidates must:
• work collaboratively and collegially within a university environment;
• exhibit skill in musicianship, rehearsal techniques, and effectiveness as a teacher of university music students of all levels;
• successfully recruit and retain students;
• possess strong communication and organizational skills;
• and meet the needs of a diverse student body.
For more info, go to https://employment.angelo.edu/postings/3348