Columbia College Chicago is seeking Private Lessons Instructor, Music.
Under the supervision of the Music Department Chairperson or designee, the Private Lessons Instructor is responsible for individual or group instrumental or vocal instruction, working with all levels of students from beginner level to those with considerable prior experience. This position will perform their own administrative and clerical support functions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provide individual or group instruction, meeting for one hour or one-half hour per week, offering 12 primary lessons or 14 secondary group lessons per student per semester.
* Prepare and post course syllabi and lessons, course materials, and teaching schedules on the learning management system, distribute copies to students and administration as needed.
* Evaluate students’ abilities and progress, including juries or ensemble placement, and submit all final grades within one week of the semester’s end.
* Attend and critique senior recital rehearsals; recommend repertoire, instrumentation, organization of material, adjustments in technique, stage deportment, and production needs, and evaluate final performances as needed or assigned.
* Be available for office hours by appointment.
* Regularly report lessons progress to the area director or coordinator.
* Attend two area forums (masterclasses, workshops, etc.) per semester.
* Attend one department-wide meeting per academic year and one division meeting per semester.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
* A minimum of a Master’s degree in Music (or a relevant sub-discipline of Music), or an equivalent combination of education, certification, training and/or experience.
* Documented teaching experience at the collegiate level preferred.
* Demonstrate knowledge and ability in ensemble direction, studio teaching and repertoire.
* More than five years of documented experience as a professional musician.... Read More