How It Works
District Eligibility: Student must attend a WSMA member school
State Eligibility: Solo must have received a *1 rating at District Festival
- Parents (or students age 18+) register a student for district or state festival using CS Music’s Online Audition Tool.
- Students perform their solo for a video recording device, upload the video to YouTube, and then add the YouTube link to their CS Music application found at www.csmusic.net/applications. For complete instructions, view our Preparation Procedures and Registration Procedures.
- Students will be notified via email when their performance has been reviewed by judges. They will receive written feedback and a rating from the adjudicator within one week of video submission.
- If students qualify for state festival through a virtual district-level performance, steps one through three repeat for a second state-level performance.
- Schools, booster groups or parents may choose to purchase official WSMA awards to recognize eligible students (available only at WSMA Award Store).
Click here for the complete video instructions.
Important dates & deadlines
- Registration and submissions open Wednesday, March 25
- District festival submissions close Wednesday, April 15
- State festival submissions close Monday, May 4
- District Festival registration is $10.00 per solo
- State Festival registration is $18.85 per solo
- Students who require financial assistance should contact their school music teacher or email@example.com
This registration form accepts one solo per submission. Students who wish to submit multiple solos will need to submit multiple forms. WSMA Festival Rules still apply: Students may only perform the same event number (division) once for district and once for state. Only solos that received a *1 at the district level may register for the State Festival.
Additional Information and Resources
For additional resources, visit the WSMA Virtual Solo Festival webpage.